Saturday, December 18, 2010

Please Pray for Peace

I have to keep this short because I have my own things I'm dealing with here -- I've been in and out of labor with Lily since Thursday.

Lots has happened the past few days. Mom is not doing well. Her tests show extensive spreading of the cancer.

Eric drove to town to be with Mom, all the way from Kansas. Gramme and Grandpa are looking at getting here soon.

Yesterday morning, Dale and Diane had Mom transported to Duke Hospital via ambulance due to pain. Since then, she's been going downhill. Oxygen levels are 88, hemoglobin is 8, creatinine is borderline, pain is high (even with IV pain meds). They're looking to do a blood transfusion on her.

I spoke with her a little bit ago and she was in misery. Please pray for her comfort and peace. It's not fair that she has to deal with this. I expressed my frustration to her that I can't be there right now due to being in labor but let her know that my family is holding her in prayer.

Please also pray that this baby will come soon so that I can go and be with my mother. It's so hard not to be able to hold her hand...

4 comments:

  1. Anne, I am so sorry. I have been praying for her (and you) since we talked earlier this week. She was in such high spirits during the drive, but I could tell she was not feeling well. I am praying and hoping that things turn around and the doctors are able to get her back on her feet. I want to get to know her more and hear more of her stories. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or for her or for anyone. BIG hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in tears for you and your family Anne. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you. I'm a bit out of practice, but I will say a prayer for you mother and your whole family. I hope that Lily comes soon so that you can be with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you and your family anne! - Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    I have been praying continuously for your mom since she first became ill and am now intensifying the urgency of the prayers. I am also praying for you and the baby and that you are able to get to your mom's side as soon as possible. Jay and I share in your heartbreak, as your mom is one of our dearest and most cherished friends. May G-d grant her a complete and speedy recovery.

    Love,
    Helene

    ReplyDelete