Thursday, December 30, 2010

Memorial Arrangements

Thank you so much for your outpouring of support over the past few days. It is so heartwarming for me to know how many lives my Mom impacted in such positive ways. It makes me feel like she is still wrapping her arms around me even though she can't physically be here with me.

Lots of people have inquired about funeral arrangements for my Mom. The family has decided that we would like to hold her service in Minnesota, where her closest friends, family members and students are. The pastor of her church and our family friend, Rev. Thomas, has expressed that she would love to host services at Camphor. We are looking at a service date for sometime in mid-February, to give the family time to plan and make travel arrangements. Once we nail down a date and time, I will post that information right away so that all of you can plan, too. If you want to have a part in the service, please send an email to OnEaglesWings927@hotmail.com . That is my private email address and you'll reach me directly so that we can plan together.

Mom has requested to be cremated and I will likely pick up her ashes tomorrow or Monday from the funeral home here in Concord, NC. We will scatter them at Hilton Head, SC sometime in April or so. That was her favorite beach and she has requested that her ashes be spread at the beach or in the mountains. I think Hilton Head would be her first choice.

Mom also wanted a marker to be placed in a cemetery somewhere, so we are looking at finding a place close to Concord, NC where we can place that, with the idea that my family and her grandchildren will be able to easily visit that place for many years to come. I will send more information on that once we decide on an actual place and time for setting that stone.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, as always, if there's anything I can do to support you or help out, please don't hesitate. I know it's a lot to handle with a little one and a brand new baby and your own recovery. If you and Allen would like help with dinner or even just someone to go get groceries and bring it back please let me know. Although I only spent a short time with your mom I feel like there's something significant missing in my life now. Thank you for allowing me to meet her and get to know her and you as well.

    ReplyDelete