Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mom is at Dale's

This afternoon, Amanda came to pick up my Mom and take her to our cousin Dale's. We are so grateful for her generosity!! They got there safely and I've since heard that Amanda made it back okay, too.

Mom spoke with Duke today and found out that the test on Friday is a CT guided biopsy at 10:30. Remember that on Thursday she also has some tests -- 8:30 appointment for radiology injection, 10:30 scan and 3:00 ultrasound.

My uncle Eric is on his way, driving from Kansas and will be here to be with my Mom for some of those appointments. I'm looking forward to seeing him, too, when he passes through the Charlotte area on his way back to Kansas.

Today was a funny day. The morning was a whirlwind. It would have made a good sitcom episode. Will woke up with a fever, sick as can be. The water line to the washer was frozen. The printer broke down. Mom was trying to get ready and I was having some more of the pre-labor contractions I've been having for weeks. As of now, things have calmed down with Mom safely at Dale's, Will in bed with his fever finally down a bit, the water line thawed out and my contractions non-existent. Allen and I are about to have a late dinner and I'm looking forward to some relaxation. Whew! :-D

1 comment: