Tuesday, August 31, 2010

R & R

Last night, Manisha and family treated us to pizza for dinner. It was *so* nice not to have to think about preparing food and to just be able to relax and enjoy the fam a little. Because  I wasn't in the kitchen, that meant that Will got to bed early and we had more time for other things.

Mom gave herself her haircut last night, a buzz cut so that she doesn't have to deal with her hair falling out in clumps. Apparently, it's also painful for some people, so she can avoid that, too. It was kind of neat. She set up a table on the deck and used a jar to hold a mirror. I went out there to be her eyes and tell her what I saw on the back of her head. Mom says that she sees why guys wear their hair that way because it is so cool and comfortable. Apparently the damp rag after the haircut felt pretty darn good. Mom has a variety of head wraps, one wig and a second one on the way. She put on a head wrap last night and it looked super cute. Emily Allen, our friend and very talented stylist (Carmen! Carmen! Salon) is going to help her trim up her wigs so that they are just right for her.

After Mom's haircut, Allen and I got to watch the season finale of Drop Dead Diva. It came on Sunday night but we were too tired from the day to watch it. It was a two hour special and probably one of the best season finales I've ever seen, though I can't believe we have to wait several months to find out what happens. LOL!

This morning, I've been lazy. I woke up around 7:45 and just fired up the laptop and tried to catch up on a few emails (I'm soooo behind!). I think I am declaring this my pj's day unless anything unexpected happens. I hear Squirt talking to his stuffed animals and laughing in his room, so I'll just take a quick shower, throw on some pj's and spend the morning in front of the tv with him. Seems like a good time to kick back. :-)

Mom starts her Neupogen shots today. This is the medication that prepares her for having her stem cells filtered out during apheresis next week. The medication can make her feel like she has the flu and make it difficult to sleep, but we won't know how it affects her until she takes her first dose. So far, Mom hasn't had awful side effects from medications, so perhaps she will luck out with this one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment