Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hickman Issues Resolved, Neupogen Shots and Etc.

This morning, Mom, Will and I were out the door by 7am to go to the outpatient lab clinic at NorthEast hospital. They called down someone from the IV team again to draw Mom's blood from her Hickman. At first they were having problems again but the nurse had my Mom cough and lift her arm. Low and behold, problem solved! No clots in there or anything. My guess is that the outpatient lab doesn't see too many folk with central lines, so they didn't know how to handle it Monday. The nurse today was more experienced and had just the right trick to free things up.

Today I went to the lab prepared with lots of stuff for Will to do. He had food, drinks, crayons and paper, a toy car and his Elmo lunchbox. I was so happy to have a satisfied kiddo on my hands. We were all out of there around 9:00 and then went home to relax for an hour before I brought Will to the first week of his first music class.

Will hated his music class. Poor kiddo cried and cried and just could not get into it. I think it was too noisy, too much stimulation and too much of everyone doing the same exact thing at the same time. I'm glad to have an independent thinker on my hands and he just was not into it. We suffered through the hour, but won't be going back. Afterward, I treated Will to lunch at Moe's and let him stay up for a bit before going down for his quiet time. I think Will would do better with some kind of private music lesson or a less structured preschool music class. He loved the kids but not the teachers. He also enjoyed the free playtime before and after class. The little guy just doesn't like being a robot. I can't say I blame him. LOL!

Mom is doing well with the Neupogen shots so far. She took the first shots yesterday and has already had her second set of shots for today. So far, I think the only real complaint was some itchiness and soreness last night,but nothing too major. I know it stings a bit after the injection, but that's the case with a lot of medications. I am so happy that Mom hasn't had anything too major with that stuff so far and I hope that it stays that way. It is nice to think that about week from now, she could be done with apheresis and we could be putting all of this behind us and just enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment