Saturday, March 5, 2011

Brass Messengers at Mom's Memorial Service


From the time I was very little, Mom told me that she wanted a dixieland jazz band at her funeral. After she died, the first thing I did when planning her service was to search high and low for the perfect group. Cousin Elizabeth and her other half, Brett, recommended the Brass Messengers. After seeing their videos on YouTube, I knew they were perfect. They played three pieces during the service and then played while we ate after the service. I got this short clip of them working their magic, right before they packed up. Their music was such a huge blessing during Mom's memorial service and I hope they know how much it meant to us, our family members and friends. Mom would have been absolutely thrilled!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I could listen to that all day. I hear that music and immediately see your mom's face smiling and can imagine her dancing with a breezy, happy spirit about her. I know she would have been overjoyed to know you did this for her.

    ReplyDelete